10 Things to Do with Kids in London this summer
London is an exciting and wonderful place to explore. But where do you take the children to enjoy the city? There are many things in London for children as well as adults.
1. Hampton Court Palace, once the home of King Henry Vlll it has been well taken care of over the years. This beautiful, historic building has a garden with an immense maze that children of all ages love.
2. London Wetland Centre, this wildlife centre has 105 acres of ponds, lakes and meadows. Here you and your children will enjoy the wildlife.
3. Namco Station, this is a large indoor amusement arcade. Here you will find a variety of video games that are geared for all ages.
4. The London Zoo is a great family experience. Here you will see over 760 animal species. The London Zoo is the oldest scientific zoo, don’t miss the Into Africa Exhibit, the Penguin enclosure, Tiger Territory and the Rainforest Life Exhibit. Did you know that the real Winnie the Pooh stayed here? It is true, here is where the real Christopher Robin met Winnie the Pooh and his father A. A. Milne got the idea for the books.
5. Check out the Chislehurst Caves with the children. These caves were once mined by hand now you and your family can go and tour them. They are fascinating for all ages.
6. The Cartoon Museum in London gives you the history of British Cartoons from the 18th century up to the present day. This is interesting for adults and children. On certain days they offer events where both adults and children can join in.
7. M&M World in London is a fun way to spend some time with the children. Here you will find a large array of M&M merchandise. If you would like you can get your picture taken with M&M characters and a London bus from the 1960’s.
8. The Queens Ice and Bowl, here you and your children can enjoy a day of ice skating and bowling. They have bar, cafe, and a games arcade for both adults and children to enjoy.
9. Pollock’s Toy Museum is a fun and interesting place to go with the family. This museum is dedicated to the English Toy Theatre. You will see many displays of puppets, lion king on the stages and. Here you will be able to see a large display of toys from all over the world.
10. The Foundling Museum is dedicated to artwork and the social history relating to children that were abandoned by their parents due to social problems. This is one of the most child friendly museums in London. Here your children will be able to join in art workshops and learning events.